Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dream: April 4/5

I was with my godmother in her home, but not the home I remember. There was clutter, but we weren’t uncomfortable. We were in the kitchen. There was a table in the center of the room, and lots of stuff all round. The table was covered also. We were looking forward to talking with each other. I was glad to be there. The room was dark when we entered. I turned on the lamp that was on the table, and sat down. She started getting dressed for church. She was very involved at the church, and it was very important to her. She was a very wealthy woman, and everyone knew it, but she dressed and lived very simply. As I watched her getting dressed, I thought that she had a really nice body for her age.

I am in the body of someone standing at the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean. The person is considering jumping. I foresee where the person will land if he jumps – he’ll die – and I try to convince him to jump from another spot. I see another person jumping from that spot (the safe spot), and land safely in the ocean.

My mother, my aunt, my cousin and I are standing in the front yard of a house. There’re a lot of plants and trees in the yard – no grass, only dirt on the ground. My aunt is sweeping the dirt and fallen leaves away. She is laughing while she sweeps. We’re all having a conversation while she continues sweeping.

I am in the front porch of the house I grew up in. My father just yelled at my for using his calligraphy pens, and I yelled back, telling him that I would buy him new pens. I go out to the front porch. As I'm there, Curt J. and Quentin are walking by on the road in front of the house. I don't quite recognize them at first, but eventually realize who they are. We wave at each other, and they continue walking at first. After a few steps they turn back and start walking toward the house. I walk down the front steps to meet them at the gate. They come right in, and I tell them to be careful of the dog. Jeffrey, the dog from my childhood, comes running from the back of the house. They're not frightened of him, and he doesn't threaten them. We're standing together at the front gate, talking. Curt asks, "So what are you doing now?" "I live in New York as you know, I resigned my church job in 2009," I tell him, "and I guess I'm on a bit of a hiatus." I'm looking up at the front of the house while I'm talking to Curt and Quentin.It looks the way it did when we first moved in when I was seven years old. The house is painted a greenish off-white, but there's something reddish about the color.

I'm sitting at an organ bench, thinking that I'm ready to have another church job.

No comments:

Post a Comment