Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dream: March 22

Well, I kept my promise to myself and wrote my dreams down last night - all three of them.

During the first one, I wasn't sure that I was actually asleep, so I didn't make any attempt to remember it. The only detail I have from that one is: I'm riding a bicycle with William C. Ah well.

The second one: I'm sitting on the edge of a bed with green sheets talking to a man laying on the bed. A third person's name in mentioned in the conversation whose name is Elliott (?), who is recently dead - he was shot and killed - and, in the dream, I think that it is my fault. If I hadn't been where I'd been, Elliott would have not walked where he walked, and would not have been shot. As his name is mentioned I say something like, 'Please don't mention that!' or 'Don't talk about that!' and I burst into tears. Elliott was the other man's (who's laying on the bed, with whom I'm having this conversation) lover, and I feel terribly for having cause his death. I am crying uncontrollably. The other man is reassuring me, telling me that it's not my fault. He's trying to get me to eat some food, but I seem to want to cry more than eat. He offers me a organic grape soda and some stew. We start talking about chemotherapy - Elliott was supposed to have had treatment, and the other man had felt good about it because I'd had a good experience with the treatment. I sip some of the soda, and something else that looks like tea - it's warm.

The third one: I'm standing outside in a carpark standing near a station wagon. I'm either sitting in the car, or am very short - a child's height. There's someone, a woman, leaning over the top of the car. She's so tall that she can bend over the top of the car and reach
the other side. She's talking to another woman standing on the opposite side of the car with her four children. The two women are introducing themselves to each, so they've just met. Woman B's name is Marilyn or Marion. She introduces her four children (I think all girls). Woman A reaches over the car. She's still standing on the opposite side of the car. She reaches over the car and hugs each of the four children in turn from (my) left to right, youngest to eldest.
The scene changes. The four children are playing with dolls. One of them has changed to a boy who's also playing with the dolls and the other children, but it's perfectly normal for him to be doing that - he's playing a father/big brother role.

And there they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment