Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dreams: March 27

At a convention of Trappist monks. I’m not a Trappist, but I’m dressed like one. There’re a couple hundred of them entering the hall where the meeting is to take place. There’s a sea of heads over black scapulas . The head of the Order is a woman who is dressed in civilian clothes. The monks are seated on the stage of the hall which is lighted. The woman is addressing people (an audience) in the hall with monks seated behind her on the lighted stage. I am walking down a side aisle to my seat among the people in my ‘robes.’

In a restaurant/diner with friends. We’ve just finished eating and were heading out to a haunted type place somewhere nearby. I’m trying to decide whether or not to wear my jacket. There’s a lesbian couple sitting in the lobby, chatting while they wait for a table. One of the women has short black hair, and is wearing a denim shirt and jeans. I think the other is wearing a dress. I ask the maitre’d if I can leave my jacket at the restaurant and pick it up later on. She asks me how far I’ll be going, and I tell her about the haunted type place. The denim girl says that she wouldn’t mind watching my jacket if I put it right next to hers in the closet, but she also says that it’s too chilly outside and that I should take my jacket. So I reach into the closet which is right there and take my jacket out. I notice a sports jacket and a tie hanging up in the closet, and know that they belong to the denim girl. I imagine her wearing the jacket and tie over her denim shirt and think that it’s a good combination. I go leave the restaurant, and look for my friends. They should have been waiting for me outside the restaurant, but I don’t see them anywhere. I walk in the direction of the haunted type place, but there’re nowhere to be seen, and I’m getting lost and upset. I take out my cellphone and try to call Richard R. I find his name in my contact list and click on it. My cellphone displays texting instructions instead of the number. I continue to walk around in the hope that I might see my friends, and come to a street with a lot of activity. On the right side of the street are a small crowd gathered outside a store around an artist apparently completing a painting right in front of them. It’s an abstract with red, white, and blue. There’s a white swoop in the middle of the picture – the red’s at the bottom, and the blue’s at the top. The painting has a very intricate texture to it. I wonder how he did that. Across the street from the painter’s crowd is a tavern. I go in, but not all the way. It’s pretty loud. Behind me, entering the tavern, is Scott M. wearing a white cassock. We talk for a minute or so as he’s standing near a door with a few other people. It’s a room that patrons of the tavern can book for a few hours to have sex. It’s currently booked from 5:00PM to 9:00PM, and the people at the door are waiting to use it. The door opens, and an older gentleman walks out. Everyone, including me, is curious to see who he was in the room with, but he slides, embarrassed-looking, out the door, closing it behind him so that we can’t see. I try calling Richard R. again. The phone rings and I get an answering service. It’s not Richard’s voice, but a woman’s. I realize that Richard’s mother is using this number for her business contact. The message is pretty haphazard. She doesn’t seem to know how to leave an outgoing message. I hear her husband in the background giving her instructions. I hang up without leaving a message.

At St. Thomas, about to play for the wedding of a priest-to-be and her husband-to-be. The wedding is taking place after dark, but the church is well-lit, and filled with people. The wedding party is getting ready for the procession. I see a bridesmaid in a green dress near the door. I tell the bride that I’ll be playing one tune for her attendants and another for her. I go up to the organ and begin playing The Prince of Denmark March, and then the Mendelssohn’s Bridal March. I somehow realize that the bride didn’t want the Mendelssohn played, but I’ve already started and have to continue. Someone shows me a program while I’m playing, and there’s a tune listed there that I don’t know. The bride is now at the altar, dressed in a chasuble instead of a bridal gown. At the Our Father, she asks the officiant if she can lead the prayer instead. She turns toward the congregation, and, somewhat haltingly, she leads the congregation in repeating the Our Father. The chasuble is gold-colored, and she’s wearing her hair in dread locks. She has glasses. She looks like one of my neighbors.

On a New York Subway car with a few people. Where we’re coming from, or going to is not brought up in the dream. There’re a couple of guys also sitting in the car who know one of the guys in my crowd. There’s some romantic interest between the guy that they know and me. He’s disabled, but not visibly. We were sitting opposite each other, but he’s now sitting next to me. I’m notice his legs through the jeans he’s wearing – they’re a bit thin, but not much thinner than mine.

Snippet of a dream: We have an early class on Friday, and the friend who normally picks me up is taking a disabled person to class that day. I’m trying to figure out another way to get to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment