Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dreams: March 25/26

At a university. We’re all surgical students. Our assistants are gerbils, or some other rodent-like animal. We’re supposed to operate on a dog for our final grade. I haven’t completed this part. My gerbil assistant also had to have a surgical procedure, but he seems to be healing nicely. He chatting with the other gerbil assistants before the final class begins. The class is taking place in a wooden auditorium that looks old, but not decrepit, and is well-lit.

Planning a graduation ceremony at a university. The ceremony is supposed to take place in a wooden auditorium that is darkly-lit. The organizers realize that there is enough room in the auditorium to have the ceremony and the dinner afterwards, so one of them asks me for a suggestion. The main school building has four cathedral-like towers around a quadrangle. One of the towers is incomplete – the outer structure is built, but the inner rooms have not yet been constructed. Another of them houses a very valuable object that the university owns, and only authorized persons are allowed there. A third tower contains a very nice library in a well-lit pink room. I suggest moving the desk and chairs away and having the dinner in the library. We were having this discussion while walking in an outer courtyard, looking up at the four towers. It is a beautiful day.

Gemell D. and I are going to the movies. We’ve just left a restaurant and are walking to the theatre – up a steep hill to a main road. We get to the theatre the front of which looks like a gas station. The line for this movie is out the door, but I’ve already bought tickets. We decide to get some snacks to take in to the movie. I get fried channa, a hot dog, and an apple juice. I’m about to pay for our snacks when I realize that I don’t have my wallet. I’ve left it at the restaurant. I start getting frantic. Gemell says, ‘Chile, I’ll be watching the movie. I’ll save you a spot,’ and walks in. I run out of the theater and try to get a cab to take me to the restaurant and bring me back. I get one that’s just turned into the theater car park, and we head back. As we turn back onto the main road, I think, ‘Wouldn’t it be great if, in addition to deactivating cards when we lose our wallets, we could also deactivate the money so that no one else can use it?’ I ask him how much it’s going to cost – he tells me $34.50. I think, ‘$35.00?? It’s not that far. That’s kinda high.’ I don’t say anything – I’ve decided that getting my wallet back is more important than quibbling over a taxi fare. As we driving along the main road, we a horse race ahead of us moving in our direction. We could see by the hooves of the horses that they’re moving really fast. It looks like we’re going to drive right through the race. We try to avoid some of the horses, but can’t avoid others – some are getting hit by other cars. We pass a few stunned looking jockeys on our way. As we're driving, we ‘re headed straight for a small group of horses – we just can’t avoid them. As we get close, the horses and their riders jump over the car and land safely on the other side. We manage to get through the race without hitting anyone. We arrive at the restaurant which looks exactly like the movie theatre. I run in, and one of the waiters recognizes me. The look on his face says, ‘Ah! He came back for his wallet,’ which fills me with relief. The waiter reaches into the cafeteria (which looks exactly like the cafeteria at the movie theatre), takes the wallet from the place they’ve been keeping it, and hands it to me. “There wasn’t any money in it,” he says. He has a sheepish look on his face, and I realize that he’s kidding. I’m back in the cab and we’re heading back to the theatre. The money that I have in the wallet just covers the cab fare – including the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment