Friday, March 25, 2011

Dreams: March 24/25

I woke up pretty early this morning, but couldn't remember any dreams - rare for me, but it happens. Then I fell asleep again and had these:

Talking to Jennifer C. on the phone. She was telling me that my transfer request had been approved, and that I was scheduled to fly to Seattle to meet the new team and then back to Buffalo where I would be officially located. There was an digital high speed access line number 648509 that I could dial into. I was sharing the number with a few colleagues and there was some confusion: was it 6648509 or 648509?

Before that I dreamt my friend Wayne. He was having some friends over at his house. When I got there, I couldn’t find him. I assumed he was busy preparing so I mingled with the other guests. We found each other eventually, and he asked why I didn’t look around for him? His boyfriend was a psychic and gave a reading to one of the guests who I’d been chatting with. They went off to another part of the house for some privacy while Wayne and I chatted. I wanted to have a reading also, so I was waiting nearby. I was a little while before they were finished. And then it was my turn. I went into the little area and sat on a chair opposite to Wayne’s boyfriend. He told that there was something that I’d written that could make money for me. I thought to a little pamphlet on interior design that I had, but that belonged to someone else. I didn’t create it. So I decided that I couldn’t use it. During the reading Wayne came in. He just stood there looking at us.

Snatches of dreams (1): I was standing in a field with Paul and Errol. We were waiting in haphazard lines to get inside a dance club. Paul decided to be adventurous and jump the line. The owner/bouncer came up to us and tried to make sense of our lines. He just started accepting money from random people and let them in.

Snatches of dreams (2): I was standing outside a monument that looked like the Taj Mahal. I went in and Richard L. jumped down from a wall he was sitting on to walk with me. He wanted to show me around the monument, or meet someone somewhere, or something like that. Behind the monument there was a a sheer rock face with red iron steps built onto the rock face. I hoped were weren't try to climb that.

I was at St Mark’s preparing to play for a service. I was guest organist for that weekend. I was talking about the music with the Junior Choir none of whom I recognized. I asked them if they knew where the scores were kept. They didn’t know. They said that the regular organist never used music scores. The time for Mass was approaching so I started vesting. I put on a red cassock and went outside. The scene changed to the grounds of the Nazarene church from my childhood. There was a long elevated walkway that went from one side of the grounds to the other. Covering the outside of the house were large portraits of the church members. Some of them had the eyes covered with orange circles – I knew that those people had died. I didn’t recognize the faces in the photographs, but I knew who some of them were somehow, mostly the dead ones. I walked the length of the elevated walkway to the other side of the grounds under the mango trees where some others were also vesting for the service. I stayed there for a while and then went back inside to try again to find the music. I knocked on the door of Father Sam’s office – through a crack in the wooden door I could see that he was in – on the phone I think. He seemed to not want to be disturbed but recognized me, opened the door, and welcomed me in. I asked him about the music and he also didn’t know where it was kept. The Mass was about to start, and I was getting really anxious. He explained that, it being the fifth Sunday of the month, we were doing Morning Prayer instead of the Rite of Penitence. He said that we did the Te Deum and some canticle for the Dead which I’d never heard of, but that everyone, including the regular organist, knew it from memory. He started looking around his office, and came upon a box of wine bottles – some empty, some unopened. He asked me to hold one of the unopened ones, and I said, ‘Well thank you,’ but the look on his face told me that he didn’t mean for me to have it. I left his office. In the corridor there were children running and making a lot of noise. I thought to myself that Father Sam is going to yell at them if they don’t stop. I went back to the Junior Choir Room to look for the scores. I’d thought I’d glimpsed the music for the Gloria in one of the drawers. I’m now frantically opening and closing drawers looking for the music, and I hear the organ being played. I assume that it’s someone they’ve asked to play some prelude music and continue looking. Then I hear the organ being played much louder, and I hear the congregation singing. They started without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment