Monday, March 28, 2011

Dreams: March 28

I was dead. I saw my decaying corpse lying on a bed white light colored sheets. I was going to re-inhabit this corpse and be alive again in it. There were others around me helping me, telling me what to do. I entered the corpse, and looked up from the face of the corpse. The eyeballs were put in my mouth, and a wave of nausea rose and subsided. Then I was dancing in the corridor of my grandparents’ house. The dance was part of the process. One of the helpers was dancing with me. We ended the dance with me in a handstand, and the helper balancing on the soles of my upturned feet. We were both exhilarated. There was applause. It was morning, and we were facing east.

I am standing on the banks of a river that is beginning to overflow its banks. I can see each ebb and flow rising. I feel as though I have to warn people. Four or five girls come to the banks of the river. There’re wearing brightly colored flowing clothes, and carrying fish nets which are also brightly colored. They move toward the river as I move away from it. There are a lot of fallen branches near the bank, and I walk on them to avoid getting my feet wet. I eventually find myself high up a tree, not knowing how to get down. I’m getting anxious. I’m afraid to move lest I misstep and fall. One of the girls from below yells something to me, and I start calming down. The branch that I’m on isn’t that high after all, and I jump off and land safely on the ground.

Snippets: Eating a meal with Uncle C. and others. I’m trying to warm up the food that’s already laid out on a table, by lighting small fires with a match on the underside of the table under the plates. That varnish on the underside begins to swell, and I put out the match.

A group of us are in San Fernando at the bottom of High Street, just getting back from a trip. I’m supposed to be carrying three bags, but I keep forgetting one of them in the trunk of the car. Twice I run after the car to retrieve the bag. I ask the driver where he’s headed in the hope that he can take us where we need to go. He’s not able to. He’s an older white man with a beard and a round face.

No comments:

Post a Comment